Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Baked Tacos

This is another favorite of ours. I've tried baked tacos a few ways but this one is by far our favorite. I love the dinners that you can throw a little of this and a little of that in a pot and know it will taste good.

My recipes can easily be cut in half or doubled depending on what you need of course, there are only 3 of us so I usually just half my recipes.

What you need is 2 lb of ground beef (ground pork would also be very good too), hard taco shells, cheese, can of diced green chilies, onion, tomato sauce and re fried beans and taco seasoning, There is a great homemade season at the bottom of this post.
Keep in my you can throw in or take out anything you would like with this recipe it is so simple.

Preheat your over to 400 degrees
Dice your onion, I usually dice it very small, I'm not a fan of chewing on big chunks of onions.
Brown your onion and ground beef together. Make sure you drain any liquid or fat from your pan it will make your tacos runny.

Once that is browned add your tomato sauce, beans,  green chilies and seasoning. If it is a little runny cook for a minute on the stove and that will help.


Spoon into your taco shells, this recipe will make around 20 tacos, I do half a recipe and get about 8. stand them up in a 9x13 baking pan. (8x8 works for half ) Load them up with cheese. I love monterrey jack and cheddar so we pretty much use that on everything, but of course any cheese will work.

 Bake at 400 degrees for around 10 minutes or so just until the cheese is melted and they are heated through.

I like to serve them like you would fajitas
 (not the best picture I know but I wanted you to kind of see the end) with your favorite condiments and maybe a side of rice. I always do rice with tacos for some reason.

I adapted this recipe from mommyimhungry.blogspot.com and I love it.
But you can also just use a packet of taco seasoning.

Taco Seasoning
1TBL chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp dry oregano
1/2 tsp paprika (smoked paprika is awesome if you have it)
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt (I used kosher but what ever you have is fine)
1 tsp pepper.

This really isn't to spicy but if you are more of a mild type you can always cut down on the chili powder, pepper, or red pepper flakes, or all 3.
This makes about 3 tablespoons. Use the whole recipe if your doing it with 2lbs of ground beef or about 1 1/2 tablespoons if you are only using 1lb of ground beef.
Hope you Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment