Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hello, welcome back! Or if this is your first time stopping by and you like what you see, show some love and like my facebook page to the right for great updates.

I love fall, I'm not a big fan of winter but I love fall and fall recipes are the best part. I've been saving this can of pumpkin since last year (yep you read it right) It has been staring at me for a year just waiting for the right season and I am excited to say I can start my fall recipes. 
I love pumpkin everything, I tend to be a pumpkin snob and buy what I can of it before its gone for the season hehe. So expect lots of pumpkin posts in the future.

This can of pumpkin has been looking at me for a year and I finally got to use it yesterday. It's just beginning to get cold  here in Utah. The leaves are changing and we have gotten some much needed rain storms. It's so nice to have the storm out side and cookies in the oven.


This is one of my favorite cookie recipes, and yes if you are starting to notice I have a lot of favorites. 




I make a full batch of cookies but with there being only 3 of us we often don't eat all of them at once. What I like to do is freeze half the dough so I can pull it out and make some later. I just place spoonfuls on a cooking sheet like you would do if you were going to bake them, except you can place them closer together. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes or so just until the dough balls are frozen. Pull them out of the freezer and put the dough balls into a freezer zip lock bag. Label the bag of course and freeze until your ready to use them. When you want to cook them pull out what you need and let them sit on a cookie sheet for a few minutes then bake as usual. Now you can get fresh cookies with out all the fuss each time. This so far has worked with every cookie recipe I have made.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oil
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
2 cups of chocolate chips (semi sweet or milk which ever you like)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix brown sugar, salt, oil,pumpkin and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Add chocolate chips. Drop on greased or parchment covered cookie sheet and bake on top rack for 14-16 minutes.

So basic yet wonderful!










1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love pumpkin recipes! Thanks for sharing!

    http://ioniunandthethreebiscuits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete